Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hair: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly




It used to seem that many people who were in Jack and Jill and who went on to become debutantes had "good hair". I have to admit, I was secretly happy I fell into that category. Well, I kinda made it into that category. My hair was "sometimes naughty, sometimes nice". My curls were loose enough so that I could get away with just a press and curl but it would start to get frizzy at the first hint of moisture in the air.

This clip from Tyra's show takes a quick finger dip into the holy water that is hair in the black community. I think it's interesting that the 2 women who favor "white girl hair flow" are chocolate.

I'll have to comment on Lil' Kim and other women who have an unhealthy relationship with their baby hair in another post.

No comments: